Therapeutic Riding is beneficial in the following ways:
- Improves strength, coordination, balance, joint mobility, flexibility, gross and fine motor skills.
- Enhances cognitive functioning: memory, cause and effect, and sensory issues.
- Improves emotional well-being, self-esteem and confidence.
- Allows rider to work on social skills, sharing, following directions, social cues, patience, and communication.
- Provides education, knowledge, vocabulary, sequencing, colors, shapes and numbers.
Registration Details: Prior to enrolling in our program, an evaluation will be scheduled by the instructor. This will help determine the appropriate class placement, horse/pony goals/objectives and the number of volunteers necessary to assist during the lesson.
Please click the the pay now button at the bottom of this page to pay for your lessons in advance via credit card or using your personal PayPal account. Please be sure to note the student's name for proper credit. (Credit Card Payments will add a 3% tax to cover the processing fee)
Our program is open year round (major holidays observed and closed during inclement weather). Sessions are every six weeks with one week off. Depending on available space, a new student can be accepted into the program at any time for the remainder of a session block. Students are assigned to a weekly 45 minute class held on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday evenings at 4, 5 or 6 PM. Be sure to check our calendar for updated information.
- All lessons are taught by a PATH Int'l Certified Instructor.
- Riders must be 3 years of age or older.
- Riders should wear long pants and shoes with a low heel for comfort and safety.
- All forms must be completed prior to participating in our programs.
For more information or to contact Jennie via private message, please visit our Facebook page at: www.facebook.com/freedomstepsequineservices
We look forward to helping create a ‘step towards freedom!’
Please download the following forms to be completed prior to program acceptance: